You often underestimate the importance of garage door maintenance. But it is not a good attitude. You have to service your garage door regularly just like your vehicle for its long life. You can attempt some DIY services yourself or hire the services of Pro Garage Door Indianapolis to maintain your door. I am going to explore some interesting facts about the importance of garage door maintenance.
Garage door maintenance
Before reaching at the stage of garage door repair, it is valuable to learn how to maintain a garage door periodically to keep it as functional as a new one. These rules apply to all types of garage doors like, roller, overhead, swing up, and sectional garage doors. All garage doors are operated with the help of springs. They move on the metal tracks that are mounted along with the garage wall. Most of the garage door maintenance services are needed on the springs and metal tracks to keep them working and give a long lifespan.
- Check the metal tracks and mounting brackets. For garage door services, you may need to tighten the screws and bolts that are connected with the brackets along with the wall. You should observe the tracks periodically to protect them from crimps, dents, or any spots. In the case of dents, you can remove them with the help of a hammer and block of wood. To remove spots, rubber mallet will be helpful. If your garage door tracks are damaged completely, they need to be replaced immediately.
- In the second stage of garage door maintenance, you have to check whether its tracks are aligned properly or not. These tracks should be balanced and placed horizontally towards the bottom. The direction of the tracks must be towards the back of the garage. In the case of sectional or roller garage doors, the tracks should be horizontal. If you find that your garage door tracks are still imbalanced, lose all the hardware which is connected to brackets. Readjust the tracks carefully in order to align them properly.
- At the next stage, you have to clean the garage door tracks with the help of any ordinary cleaner to remove the dust and any accumulated grease. Garage door rollers should be cleaned completely. Wipe them properly to make them dry enough before readjusting the garage door rollers and tracks.
- In the next step of garage door maintenance, you need to lubricate all the moving parts like, rollers tracks, and hinges. You can use lubricating spray, household oil, and silicone spray for this purpose.
- The next action involves in the maintenance of other stuff like any loose cables and screws. If you discover any loose screws, tighten them up to make them work.
- The last but most important action of garage door maintenance involves in the services of spring. You should transfer the hook of spring to the next hole in order the readjust the tension of springs. for roller garage door, you can adjust the tension by pulling the garage door cables through plates.